Monday, April 21, 2014

C4K Part 3 Weeks 13 and 14


Comments Week 13

Justus's blogpage with his picture and text of his Fiafia story

Comment 1: Justus is a Year 4 student at the Pt England School in New Zealand. Justus wrote a short post about his Fiafia performance. I commented that he had written a great descriptive writing. I could tell from his writing that he had stage fright and I told him that I too had stage freight when I had to perform in front of a large group. I asked him how he got past it and told him that I tried to not see the crowd and pretend that I was the only one there.
drawing by Glennes illustrating his story

Comment 2: Glennes is a Year 4 student at the Pt England School in New Zealand. Glennes told the story about how Maui slowed down the sun. She wrote her story down and also created a Vocaroo so that a viewer could listen to it instead of reading it. 
My comment for Glennes: “I enjoyed hearing you tell the story about how Maui slowed down the sun. I had never heard this tale before and you did a good job explaining it. I'm sure glad that the sun slowed down because I think the days go by too fast now. I can't imagine trying to get everything done that we have to do in a day if the day went by any faster. Great job on your story and keep up the good work.”

Lukis'blog homepage screnshot

Comment 3: Lukis is a Year 8 student at the Pt England School in New Zealand. Lukis wrote a post about the adventures that he and his friends had at the Swim-a Rama. He and his friends liked to go down the hydro slide the most and they like to form chains and go down even though they are not supposed to. I commented that the Swim –a-Rama sounded like a lot of fun and that I would like to go down the slide. I asked him if he got to go there very often.  I also suggested that he should follow the rules so that he would not be asked to leave. I told him to keep up the good work and be careful at the pool.
My comment for Lukis: "Hi Lukis, my name is Allison and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in the United States. Wow, the Swim-a-Rama sounds like a lot of fun. I really enjoyed reading about all of the fun things that you can do there. I wish I could go down the slide too. This sounds like a great place to go all year but especially during the summer when it is hot. Do you get to go very often? Try to follow the rules so you don't lose your band because it would be really sad if they would not let you come back. Keep up the good writing and be careful at the pool."


Week 14
Lani's drawing of the life cycle of a butterfly


Comment 1: Lani is a Year 5 student at the Pt England School. This week she made a Vimeo with a voice over explaining the life cycle of a buttlerfly. 
My comment for Lani: "Hi Lani, my name is Allison and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in the United States. I am going to be a science teacher so I really love your Vimeo on the life cycle of the butterfly. Your graphics were really interesting. I have never made a Vimeo before so I did not know that you could do that. It was a little difficult to hear your voice over because of all of the people talking in the background. I listened to it several times and was able to here you explain the life cycle. You did a good job. Keep up the good work."
Akosita's find the robber game

Comment 2: Akosita is a year 5 Student at the Pt England School. On her blog she shared a link to a game in which the player had to find the location of the robber by plotting points.
My comment for Akosita: "Hi Akosita, my name is Allison and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in the United States. This game is so much fun. I think this is the most fun I have ever had while plotting points. At first I did not know what the number that popped up meant but after a few tries I figured out it was telling me how far away I was from the robber. I finally got it in seven tries. I think it is great that you know how to but a link on your blog. I just learned how to do that this year and I am in college but you already know how. You should be very proud of yourself. Keep up the great work!"

Danielle and her drawing of the camping trip

Comment 3: Danielle is a beginning blogger in Year One or Year Two at the Pt. England School. She and her class observed a camping trip that the Year Four and Year Five students were on. She made a video about what she saw and her teacher, Mrs. She, posted it to the Little Voices blog.
My commnet for Danielle: "Hi Danielle, my name is Allison and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in the United States. I loved watching your video and listening to you talk about your trip to the campout. Hopefully one day you will get to go and be one of the big kids eating yummy food and going to the pool. Do you know how to swim? I have a little girl who is 5 years old. She is very afraid of the water. I hope this summer she can learn how to swim and not be afraid anymore. Keep up the great work on your blog. I will be watching for more stories that you do over the next few years."

No comments:

Post a Comment